This took me about 10 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes tops. And it's all made in one pot! Yay for less dishes! I don't think traditional stracciatella has orzo, but I added it to make the soup a little more filling.
[recipe title= "Stracciatella Soup with Orzo for One" servings= "1 Large Bowl" time= "10-15 minutes"]
Inspired by Shutterbean
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved Parmesan to top, if desired
- In small saucepan over high heat bring the broth, water, and lemon juice to a boil. Once boiling, add the orzo and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Slowly add in the beaten egg while stirring the mixture with a wooden spoon. Next, add in the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts, stirring continuously. Add in the grated Parmesan and stir until melted!
- Taste the broth and add salt and pepper if you would like. Top with shaved Parmesan, and eat!
A big ol' bowl of comfort.